Jo Malone Perfume in Vanilla & Anise



Amongst all the other things on my beauty wishlist, a Jo Malone perfume/cologne has been right at the top no thanks to Anna from Viviannadoesmakeup & Lily from Lily Pebbles! These girls have raved on about different scents so whilst away in Scotland for a little family holiday last week, I stumbled across a solo Jo Malone shop and the smell lured me in.

On Anna's recommendation I tried the Wood Sage & Sea Salt which was nice but after smelling the Vanilla & Anise my mind was made up. It's not really like any other perfume I've tried before and it has a very natural feel and smell to it. This perfume is a spicy one made up of Vanilla - I was told this was the purest form of vanilla - and Anise which is also know as Aniseed and this flavor has similarities with some other spices, such as star anise, fennel, and liquorice which I love. As it's made up of spices, it has a very comforting warmth to it and the smell lingers on your skin and by lunchtime, it smells even better as the strength dies down - I really can't say enough good things about this perfume.

Jo Malone describe it this way: The fragile vanilla orchid forms the perfect counterpoint to the oaky caramel-rich vanilla bourbon, spiced with star anise. Warm and enveloping - basically what I said right? ;)

Jokes aside, the whole experience at Jo Malone is lovely - the sales assistants are very friendly, happy to help and have a wealth of knowledge on the scents and ingredients that go into their perfumes. For 30ml, the price is £40 and the larger 100ml bottles are £82 so they are definitely a luxury item. They get boxed up in pretty packaging & a gift bag as well as a free hand massage coupon - such a nice touch!

Jo Malone do candles & other body bits so I'm very tempted to try them in the Vanilla & Anise scent - do any of you like the Jo Malone perfumes? What's your favourite scent?


No comments