Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado | Review


One thing that I've found hard to keep up with is, a skincare routine. Using makeup wipes and slapping on some moisturiser before bed always seems to be the more appealing option but I'm slowly trying to get into a good routine. I've found a few new skincare items which make me look forward to taking care of my skin, and this is one of them - Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. I think this has been around a while and has been on my wishlist for I don't know how many years & I finally took the plunge on spending £20 on an eye cream - there are probably debates on whether this is expensive but for me, it's quite a lot for just one small pot (which by the way, is much smaller in person than it is online or in a Youtube video!).

I was surprised at how thick the consistency of the cream was at first and enjoy massaging it under my eye - the concentrated texture is enriched with Avocado to gently moisturize the delicate eye area. The cream is a light green colour, smells fresh & I like how there isn't too much faff with the packaging, it basically does what it says on the tin - cliche I know but very true. I apply a small amount to my 2 ring fingers - you're meant to use the ring fingers as they are the softest out of your fingers and are a gentle touch to the fragile, thin under eye skin - and work in the product directly under my eyes and around the orbital bone. The cream starts tingling (only slightly) & feels cooling as well as very creamy as the name would suggest. It took quite a while for the cream to sink into my skin but afterwards my under eyes felt so nourished, moisturised and smooth.

I would usually use this as a night eye cream as it takes much longer to sink in but if I'm staying at home or don't have to apply makeup for a while, I'll use it in the morning too. I'm really impressed with the formula and starting to enjoy my skincare routine!

As I mentioned above, this eye cream comes in at £20 - I'll have to see how long it takes me to get through the cream to see how affordable it is to use in my everyday skincare. You can buy it from quite a few places including Space Nk or directly from their website or in store - this is how I got my hands on it and thought I would mention that I asked for a sample of the Midnight Recovery Oil which usually costs around £36 per one. I really wanted to try it but couldn't fork out that much without testing it first so definitely worth being a bit cheeky and asking for samples as their usually happy to give them to you!

Have you tried this eye cream? What eye cream do you use? Suggestions would be great!

No comments