My Favourite Winter Lip Options

You guys seemed to really enjoy 'My Favourite Pink/Nude Lip Options' - thanks for all the lovely comments & suggestions by the way! So, as it's my favourite season and I'm venturing into the colourful lips, here's a run down of the Autumny/Winter lip options I've been loving.
Soap & Glory Lipstick in Perfect Day -  a muted red with brown undertones which is darker than a 'my lips but better' shade but brings out your features and enhances you lips without really noticing you're wearing lipstick - perfect if you are venturing out into the darker lip colours.
Rimmel Kate Lipstick in 30 - this was a recommendation on Essie Button's videos which looks like a burgundy shade in the tube and a pinker version on the lips. When I first used this, I applied it with a lip brush, outlined my lips & filled in lightly. One of the nice things about this lipstick is throughout the day, the colour still lingers on the lips, leaving a worn in dusky colour.
Mac Lipstick in Up the Amp - as the more purple hued lipstick of the group, this shade definitely needs to be paired with a certain makeup look. You can notice the colour a mile off yet at this time of year, it brings in a nice pop of colour without looking liking a summer shade. This is an amplified lipstick so is creamy, true to colour and long lasting.

Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle - I just love this shade! The colour is perfect for pretty much any skin tone, it not only nourishes your lips but actually feels like it's nourishing your lips & if you don't like this shade, Revlon have quite a few colours to choose from in this formula.

Elf Mineral Lipstick in Bare Brown - apart from the amazing price point, this lipstick gives you a lovely reddy brown wash of colour on the lips with a glossy finish. I bought this when I made my first order to ELF and really enjoy the mineral collection, especially the lipsticks. This gives you a perfect winter lip look.

Maybelline Lipstick - unfortunately this colour isn't available anymore but is very similar to the Color Sensational lipstick in Galatic Mauve. It's a lighter shimmery purple shade which gives a small amount of colour but enough to know mauvy. Plus the shimmer is perfect to add some sparkle without going crazy.

Mac Lipstick in Reel Drama - I got this lipstick in a holiday collection set a few years ago and probably wouldn't have chosen this colour from the bullet colour. Once I tried this on the lips I loved it and it goes great with a nude lipgloss as still keeps its colour throughout wearing it. 

Have you tried any of these lipsticks? What are your picks for the winter season?



No comments